"Eye" Know How
The Gigabit Challenge!
As many interfaces are reaching gigabit data rates signal integrity is getting more and more critical. Various different parasitic effects are going to disturb signal quality so that the receiving chip is not able to recognize the databit sent by the transmitting device. Some effects are:
- Inter Symbol Interference (ISI)
- Cross Talk
- Impedance Mismatch between Driver (TX), PCB routing and Receiver Termination (RX)
- Point to Multi Point Topologies
- Power/Ground Noise
- It gets impossible to predict signaling performance just from experience.
To ensure a “First Time Right” design, simulations need to be done. And the result, quite often a data eye, needs to be evaluated carefully and a Timing Budget has to be calculated. In case there is enough margin this result can also be used to reduce cost in case design guides are too conservative or just do not fit in your environment.
However, it is very expensive to invest in software and manpower needed to master the Gigabit Challenge. There is no need for this invest if you have a partner who has the “Eye” KnowHow!
Most recent downloads
The following file downloads are the two files made available most recently. You can view and download more files at our downloads section.
- Company Presentation 2013
- Short overview on the services available from "EyeKnowHow"
- Date: 2013-10-03 / File size: 2.0 MB
- DDR4 Features
- This article was published in "embedded Design 3/2013" and gives a short overview on DDR4 features
- Date: 2013-08-22 / File size: 173.2 KB
Itzlinger Straße 21a
Phone: +49 991 29692905
Fax: +49 3212 1219008
Mobile: +49 176 78778777